Re: swish++ (was re: various messages on swish-e list)

From: Paul J. Lucas <pjl(at)not-real.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 16:52:02 GMT
On Mon, 17 May 1999, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:

> I've seen you frequent posts to the swish-e mailing lists along these
> lines:
>
>   > Switch to SWISH++.  It's far more efficient and faster.

	I want to make this crystal clear: you haven't seen such posts
	from me since Roy essentially forbade the topic.  (It's his
	list: he can do as he pleases.)  The above is a quote taken
	from a PRIVATE e-mail message that somebody sent to the mailing
	list without my permission.

	I remain on this list because I'm interested in various
	indexing and searching techniques.  When I read that somebody
	has a situation similar to mine, I send them a private message
	in case they can benefit from my work.  What they ultimately do
	is their choice alone.

	If you would like to discuss any topic other than SWISH-E, send
	me private e-mail.

	- Paul