RE: Re: DOC-Properties

From: Rainer Scherg <Rainer.Scherg(at)not-real.rexroth.de>
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 11:05:31 GMT
Hi!

I would like to (I've tried it last year), but at this time swish++ doesn't support e.g.
config files (and some other stuff - e.g. my filter patch).

Of course you can handle most of this by using perl or other external programs,
but I'm a friend of the KISS prinziple (Keep It Stupid and Simple).
Using a tool means to me not to install lots of other tools to make it work (if possible)..

But  swish-e (1.3.2) also is missing some features. E.g.:

  - Special Characters ( german umlauts ) still not working...
    Not every webserver is done in english language...
    BTW: Upper/Lowercase-Mapping should also be done for these characters
    This could be done by a simple translation string...

      "abcde...ABCDE...AOU..."
      "abcde...abcde...aou..."

  - Using '+' and '-' instead of AND, OR  (Should be a simple config directive...)
    Altavista-Syntax, etc. is best known to "standard" users. (And not everybody is speaking English)

    SEARCH_AND    '+'   (default: 'And')
    SEARCH_OR      ' '    (default 'OR')
    SEARCH_NOT    '-'    (default: 'NOT')

 Rainer