Re: Search Results: Alter Order?

From: Paul J. Lucas <pjl(at)not-real.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon Apr 26 1999 - 23:40:01 GMT
On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> I would like to alter the display of the results by allowing searches for the
> information in the metatags but forcing display based upon two of the
> metatags, namely, title or author at the user's option.

	I've just added a function, extract_meta() to my WWW Perl
	library to extract meta information on the fly from HTML files.
	You could extract said information into an internal array and
	then sort the results however you please.

	The WWW library is part of the (new) SWISH++ distribution
	located at:

		ftp://shell3.ba.best.com/pub/pjl/software/swish++-1.6.tar.gz

	The WWW library, although bundled with SWISH++, should be able
	to be used regardless of your search engine of choice.

	- Paul