RE: Search Results: Alter Order?

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Mon Apr 26 1999 - 20:17:52 GMT
Alphabetical sorting based on metadata while ignoring the rank?  I don't
know of anyone doing that.  But, it seems feasible with a little work.  I
think it should be possible to do that by sorting a multidimensional array
in the search script.  It would be slower than if it was done in SWISH
itself, but, not so slow that it would be unusable.  I suppose that would
depend on the script engine you're using.  You could write a search CGI in C
that has the swish search code in it.  That would be faster and probably
better suited to your needs.

 ,David Norris

Home Computer - http://illusionary.tzo.cc/
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com