Search Results: Alter Order?

From: Patrick Durusau <pdurusau(at)not-real.emory.edu>
Date: Mon Apr 26 1999 - 18:03:17 GMT
Greetings,

I am currently running a Swish search engine that is indexing HTML texts
including metatags information. I have a search interface that searches
the metatags but when the results are returned they are displayed in the
order generated by the ranking engine in Swish. I would like to alter
the display of the results by allowing searches for the information in
the metatags but forcing display based upon two of the metatags, namely,
title or author at the user's option. In other words I could search for
subject = Pauline and the search results would be returned in either
author or title order for all entries matching that subject.

I have looked at the latest version of Swish and its documentation but
it does not seem likely that such a capacity exists within Swish. Have I
missed something real obvious? Many thanks for any tips or suggestions.

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Information Technology Services