Re: Option for one page of results at a time?

From: Valerio Gelpi <vg(at)not-real.blue105.com>
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 18:31:17 GMT
On 25 Mar 99, at 9:43, Jon S. Jaques wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been asked to make my Swish installation return one page of results
> at a time, like to the big popular search engines do.

Jon,

I brought up this issue before (as you can see in the forum) and I think we
might get such switch in one of the next versions of Swish (I hope). In the
meantime I will send you in a separate message the changes Scott Schultz
was kind enough to send me to activate such a switch.

The way it stands, Swish is still retrieving the whole array, but it just delivers
the "section" you indicate with the start and end switches. All this is done in
Swish, rhather than in Perl, making much faster and more efficient.

Hope this helps,

Valerio Gelpi
Blue 105