how to stop the swish spider

From: Saskia Beeser <saskia(at)not-real.bgumail.bgu.ac.il>
Date: Sun Mar 21 1999 - 09:02:58 GMT
Hello,

I am looking for a way to stop the spider from passing a certain URL.
I want to index a subtree of my site, but it contains a link to the main
index file, and from there it spiders out to the whole site again. In
short: I want to exclude the main index file. Any ideas?
                          Saskia Beeser
                          Computation Center
                          Ben-Gurion University
                          Israel
P.S.
I stumbled on something that could be a bug: the spider did not follow
links in my file as long as it's header contained the tag:
(the line was included by some html generator)
Sounds weird isn't it?
                            Saskia