Swish-e Error Message

From: Valerio Gelpi <vg(at)not-real.blue105.com>
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 01:17:30 GMT
Does anybody know why every once in a while the Perl script I use to search
Swish-e generates the following error?

script not found or unable to stat:

I run Swish-e on Apache over Linux. The script is definitely there and it works
fine most of the times but once or twice a day I see this error message in the
error log.

I use the Perl script provided on the Swish site. Here's the shell call:

sub search_parse {

$query =~ s/[^a-zA-Z0-9\-\_\*\.\@\(\)\=\" ]/ /g;

$count=0;

open(SWISH, "$swish -w \"$query\" -s $start -m $results -f $index -p
description |");

while (<SWISH>) {
   chop;

   if ($_ eq "err: no results")
   {&search_error("There were no items that matched your search request");}

   if ($_ eq "err: could not open index file")
   {&search_error("Could not open SWISH Index File $index");}

   if ($_ eq "err: no search words specified")
   {&search_error("Please Enter at least one Search Word");}

   if ($_ eq "err: a word is too common")
   {&search_error("One of your search terms is too common, please try
again");}

   next if /^\D/;
   $count++;
   push(@results, $_);