Re: META abstract search

From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin(at)not-real.globalspec.com>
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 23:26:00 GMT
You have two basic options
1. locate code to extract the meta tag values. I've seen some
posted in this list before. You need perl code, right?
2. have swish store and return the meta tag values for you. The down-side
of this way is that the index is larger, but if you are using the http-crawler
to spider a site it may be a better choice, especially if the site is
dynamically
generated. This is called "Document Properties" and is easy to set up on
the indexing and cgi ends.