Re: Swish and SSI/CGI calls in the results?

From: Ron Klatchko <ron(at)not-real.library.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 23:20:41 GMT
At 09:26 AM 2/28/99 -0800, jazzbo@nerdz.com wrote:
>I'm in a bit of a dilemna with getting a search engine to work on my
>site.  I like the way swish works, I can get the site indexed, and I
>can search it, but I can't get the results and/or search form to be
>displayed the way I need it.  You see, my site relies of a few
>server-side includes to work properly...we run a banner rotation
>script, and we also include a few "daily links" files that are called
>from all our pages.  I can't seem to find a way to get them to work
>with any of the swish cgi's...
>
>Any way to get the results file processed by apache as far as SSI goes??

Apache does not directly support what you are trying to do.  Apache 1.3 can
not be configured to parse the output of a CGI for SSIs.

What you need to do is to modify the CGIs to perform the SSI task instead
of just writing an SSI.  So instead of modifying the script front end to
write:
  <!--#include virtual="what/ever.html" -->

you should modify the script to open up the file DOCROOT/what/ever.html and
then send its contents in the right place of the CGI output.

moo
                        ron@library.ucsf.edu