Re: Re: Swish-E New Feature?

From: Rich Fuchs <rbf(at)not-real.lyra.rlg.org>
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 21:13:22 GMT
 > Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:56:36 -0800 (PST)

 > From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin@globalspec.com>

 > and most (all?) are single letters. We are quickly running
 > out of "obvious" switch letters.  Before adding any more into
 > the general distribution why don't we come up with a simple
 > way to name new command line switches so they are not
 > running into each other.

Rather than augment cmd-line options, i'd use a config file with a more
expressive language than is convenient in the cmd-line. You would reference
the config file by the usual default 'dot' approach or by yet another
cmd-line option. Had to do this w/ our z3950 server to relieve cmd-line clutter,
early on.