Re: Re: Swish-E New Feature?

From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin(at)not-real.globalspec.com>
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 19:11:39 GMT
Hi Roy
Given that swish has to do a complete search no matter how many
items are to be reported with the results, it does seem like a feature
that does not need to be inside the swish program itself.

The perl program (or whatever) just has to skip a certain number of
lines before dumping and the stop parsing lines when the output page
has the desired number of lines.  These would be nice additions to
the standard swish perl cgi interface.  Where is that kept on the swish site?
I see that autoswish is no longer there, but I did not think that the
"vanilla" perl cgi script was part of that...

	Mark

At 10:51 AM 1/22/99 -0800, Roy Tennant wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Valerio Gelpi wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if you are planning to add the feature to be able to have
>> multiple result pages. I was able to implement such feature thanks to
Scott