do people have C++ available for compiling?

From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin(at)not-real.globalspec.com>
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 15:15:33 GMT
Hi All
I am wondering what the consensus is as far as having access
to a C++ compiler on their systems. Since everyone using swishe
has to compile it on their target platform, it is an important consideration
if we wanted to port swish-e to C++.  (If executables were made
available on the swish ftp site that could solve the problem for
some people.)

Another issue would be that of the other developers who want to
get into the code and make changes.  Do you have an opinion about
C++ vs C?  (If you don't know C++ parts of the syntax can look funky
but for the most part the code is as readable as C is.)

I'm just probing here... I do not have specific plans to port swishe
to C++ but the code could use a reorganization and C++ definitely
would help with that.

	Mark