Swish-E and wildcard searches

From: FamilyViewing <webmaster(at)not-real.familyviewing.com>
Date: Mon Jan 11 1999 - 13:39:05 GMT
I'm using Swish-e and wwwwais.  A few visitors to my site have reported
that wildcard searches produce unusable URLs.  Evidently, the server
returns an error 400 (malformed URL?).  Has anyone encountered this
problem?  I'd be happy to strip the named anchor (e.g., #first_hit) feature
if necessary.  What changes should I make to the source code to accomplish
this?

Also, I don't want site visitors to see the file size and type, but I might
like to print the text of a <meta description> tag.  How is this done?

I realize these are rather 'involved' newbie questions, so I'm grateful for
ANY tips you can provide.

Thanks tons.

Brett
webmaster@familyviewing.com