Re: FileRules ... not

From: Paul J. Lucas <pjl(at)not-real.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Sat Jan 09 1999 - 23:03:36 GMT
On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Andres Cvitkovich wrote:

> a few days ago, I asked about FileRules and excluding files NOT containing
> a certain substring... SWISH++ was no real help,

	Just so the facts are correct, the reason it was of no help to
	*YOU* was because you do not have an ANSI/ISO C++ compiler and
	environment including STL (such as g++ 2.8 or later or egcs
	1.1.1 o or later).

	Both the SWISH++ README file and I personally explained this to
	you.  There is nothing I can do about you getting "file not
	found" for a standard ANSI/ISO C++ header.  *YOU* either need
	to obtain an ANSI/ISO C++ environment or get your sysadmin to
	do it for you.

	SWISH++ is can to any possible set of FileRules imaginable
	because it doesn't do FileRules at all: you can specify any set
	of files by any criteria you please via standard input.  If
	that isn't infinitely flexible, I don't know what is.

	Please don't go telling half-truths about SWISH++ because of
	your own incompetence at obtaining an ANSI/ISO C++ environment.

	- Paul