Mods to return "pages" of results

From: Valerio Gelpi <vg(at)not-real.blue105.com>
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 23:48:30 GMT
Hello Scott,

In reference to your posting below, could you pelase forward to me the patch for the
ability to list X records starting at position Y in the list of results?

Thanks,

Valerio

A while back, someone was asking for the ability to list X records starting
at position Y in the list of results. I recently needed this functionality
myself, so I took a look at the maxhits code. It turned out to be a pretty
easy patch to implement a "starting point" parameter for the results list.
The patch doesn't reduce the number of files searched, it just ignores the
first Y results. A new flag, -s NUMTOSKIP, is added. The current -m
MAXHITS
parameter is then used to limit the number of results returned.
The patch involves changes to three files: search.c, swish.c, and swish.h.
If anyone is interested, drop me an email and I'll send you context diffs
against the V1.1.1 source. I'll spare the list as a whole unless there is
an overwhelming demand to post the enhancement. :^)
Scott Schultz
scott@ceweekly.com
Scott Schultz

Valerio Gelpi