RE: Error "Skipping test.html: Wrong method or server"

From: Valerio Gelpi <vg(at)>
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 02:05:06 GMT
Thanks for your reply David.

Actually I compiled for the FS method indexer typing just make at the
prompt. After I talked to you, I even typed make METHOD=FS but with the
same result.

Here's the Makefile content for your reference:

# Makefile for SWISH
# Kevin Hughes, 3/12/95
# The code has been tested to compile on
# Solaris and DEC  G.Hill 6/11/97

#CC= cc
#CC= /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc
#CC = /vol/moby/moby_a/gnu/sun4_sunos5.1/bin/gcc
CC = /usr/bin/gcc
#CC = gcc

LIBS=	-lm

# Method defaults to the filesystem

# The objects for the different methods and
# some common aliases
HTTP_OBJS=http.o httpserver.o

# Create a common name

OBJS=	check.o file.o index.o search.o error.o \
	hash.o list.o mem.o string.o merge.o swish.o $(METHOD_OBJS)

	$(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $<

all:	swish-e

	make CFLAGS="-g" $(OBJS)
	$(CC) -o swish-e -g $(CFLAGS) $(OBJS) $(LIBS)
	chmod 755 swish-e

	make CFLAGS="-g" $(OBJS)
	make quant-link

	quantify $(CC) -o swish-e -g $(CFLAGS) $(OBJS) $(LIBS)

	make clean
	make CFLAGS="-g" $(OBJS)
	make pure-link

	rm -f ./swish-e ./*.o ./index.swish

	$(CC) -o swish-e -g $(CFLAGS) $(OBJS) $(LIBS)

	./swish-e -i test.html -v -f index.swish
	./swish-e -f index.swish -w test

$(OBJS):	Makefile config.h swish.h