Croatian alphabet problem

From: Gordan Gledec <gordan(at)not-real.kaktus.tel.fer.hr>
Date: Sat Dec 19 1998 - 11:15:45 GMT
Hello,

I'd like to use swish to index the Croatian WWW.HR directory
(http://www.hr/wwwhr/), but I have a problem with indexing words that begin
with non-standard letters, such as          .  Hope you can see
them. Now, it seems to index all the words beginning with ,  or , but
finds only those beginning with . It does not index  words. I have this
in my conf file:

WordCharacters abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzЩ&0123456789.-
BeginCharacters abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzЩ0123456789"
EndCharacters abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzЩ0123456789"

It seems that the order of the characters is important, because when I put
 before 0, words containing it don't get indexed anymore.

It confuses me very much. Can anyone figure out what's happening here and
how to configure it to work properly?

Thanks,

Gordan
--
        Gordan Gledec, dipl.ing.
        E-mail: gordan@tel.fer.hr

     Open here  I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
     In there stepped a stately raven, of the saintly days of yore.
     Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
     But with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door.
     Perched upon a bust of Pallas, just above my chamber door,
     Perched, and sat, and nothing more.