Re: SWISH-E: indexing and -t switch

From: Giulia Hill <ghill(at)not-real.library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 17:29:49 GMT
David,

right now swish-e only recognizes tags of the kind <BODY>; I know it is a
problem and it will be fixed in some future release. Your page has a tag
of the type <BODY bgcolor=.....> which is not recognized as a marker,
consequently your search will result in no results.

Giulia

 On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, David Richard wrote:

> Mark -
>
> I have successfully re-compiled swish-e.1.2.4 on Best.com (was using 1.1)
> and indexed a major section of our web site.  Unfortunately, I am getting
> unexpected results from a query on the index.  Specifically, when I append
> the '-t Bthe' switch to my ./swish-e command I don't get all the results
> that I would expect.
>
> shell5: {%108} pwd
> /webadmin/home/web2/monkeym/public_html/TX1/search/swish
> shell5: {%109} ./swish -w milk -f source.swish
> # SWISH format 1.2
> # Swish-e format 1.2
> #
> # Name: Index of MONKEYmedia text web site
> # Saved as: source.swish
> # Counts: 2669 words, 34 files
> # Indexed on: 01/12/98 08:30:06 PST
> # Pointer: http://www.monkey.com/
> # Maintained by: David Richard (david@monkey.com)
> # Search words: milk
> # Number of hits: 1
> 1000 /home/monkeym/public_html/TX1/profile/people/people.htm "MONKEYmedia -
> PROFILE: Who We Are" 7338
> .
> shell5: {%110} ./swish -w milk -t Bthe -f source.swish
> # SWISH format 1.2
> # Swish-e format 1.2
> #
> # Name: Index of MONKEYmedia text web site
> # Saved as: source.swish
> # Counts: 2669 words, 34 files
> # Indexed on: 01/12/98 08:30:06 PST
> # Pointer: http://www.monkey.com/
> # Maintained by: David Richard (david@monkey.com)
> # Search words: milk
> err: no results
> .
>
> The word 'milk' is used at the end of a paragraph in the body of the .html
> file.  The file in question
> is:
>
> http://www.monkey.com/TX1/profile/people/people.htm
>
> Can someone please tell me why the a query on the index with the -t switch
> is not returning this file?  Help!
>
> david
> David S. Richard           <mailto:david@monkey.com>
>
> Information Architect
> MONKEYmedia - Austin, Texas
> (512) 440-8000 x.14, 440-1050 fax
> <http://www.monkey.com/>

/*  Giulia Hill                        Library Systems Office  */
/*                                     386 Doe Library         */
/*  ghill@library.berkeley.edu         U.C. Berkeley,          */
/*                                     Berkeley, CA 94720      */