Spidering,, OSF1

From: Sara Amato <samato(at)not-real.Bowdoin.EDU>
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 14:04:08 GMT
I'm trying to use swish-e to spider through a local web site.  I've
compiled it on an alpha (OSF1) with the METHOD=HTTP option (make
METHOD=HTTP), but find that it doesn't spider at all and reports no
_files_ indexed, which makes me think that maybe it didn't really compile
with the HTTP method ...??

Also in the docs I see reference to a perl script helper, and am wondering
if I'm missing that - I didn't see anything like that in the distribution.

Does anyone have any hints to point me in the right direction?  Any info

Sara Amato
Electronic Resources Librarian   Bowdoin College