RE: Re: Switch-e and <META DESCRIPTION=...>

From: Rainer Scherg <Rainer.Scherg(at)not-real.rexroth.de>
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 09:17:27 GMT
>> We would like to print the content of a META tag in the search result.
>> How could we do that ?
>
>	You have the name of the file: write a Perl script to parse it!
>	There is no reason to do *everything* within SWISH-E itself.

Yak! What are search engines for?
To offer a pointer to the documents I'm searching for, and to provide
a short "abstract"/description (first 100 words or description tag) about
the document.

If you don't want to use these "features" a search engine may offer some
switches, that a description or the first 100 words will not be put in
the database...

Doing such things via perl is not the way to go, because it's to slow
and if you are doing such things via perl, you could also do the complete
search engine with find -name '*.htm" -print | grep "$what"...

Regards Rainer