Re: Re: Switch-e and <META DESCRIPTION=...>

From: jeff tiedrich <jeff(at)not-real.tiedrich.com>
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 16:22:22 GMT
At 1:06 PM -0400 11/30/1998, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
>On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 jean-michel.carsuzaa@icdc.caissedesdepots.fr wrote:
>
>> We would like to print the content of a META tag in the search result.
>> How could we do that ?
>
>	You have the name of the file: write a Perl script to parse it!
>	There is no reason to do *everything* within SWISH-E itself.
>
>	- Paul

The speed with which you could access, for example, 35 pages, parse the
META information and present the search results to the browser would be an
issue, wouldn't it?

<wishful_thinking>
It's be nice to have the META description compiled right into the index.
</wishful_thinking>
--
jeff tiedrich             tiedrich.com -- wake up and smell the pixels!
jeff(at)not-real.tiedrich.com         webdesign and more: http://www.tiedrich.com/