Re: Re: Switch-e and <META DESCRIPTION=...>

From: jeff tiedrich <jeff(at)>
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 16:22:22 GMT
At 1:06 PM -0400 11/30/1998, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
>On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 wrote:
>> We would like to print the content of a META tag in the search result.
>> How could we do that ?
>	You have the name of the file: write a Perl script to parse it!
>	There is no reason to do *everything* within SWISH-E itself.
>	- Paul

The speed with which you could access, for example, 35 pages, parse the
META information and present the search results to the browser would be an
issue, wouldn't it?

It's be nice to have the META description compiled right into the index.
jeff tiedrich    -- wake up and smell the pixels!
jeff(at)         webdesign and more:
icq #4293301