clarification needed with NT process

From: Lyn MacCorkle <lmaccork(at)not-real.miami.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 14:51:36 GMT
My goal is to index several directories
on our web site. I am a novice using a compilers and
know zip about UNIX but determined to complete this task.

I successfully installed a C compiler on C drive according
to the results of a test utility that was included with the software.

I downloaded Swish-E from the WIN directory and installed it on
D drive.  On, but outside, the drive where the http server resides.

After unzipping the file the directory structure looks
like this:  /swish/swish-e/win32.

I try to follow the instructions in the MANUAL available at the site...
The manual doesn't  correspond to my reality.  For example...no SRC
drive.

I made changes in  Makefile to point to GCC on C drive. I configure the
configure.h file.

I then go to compile swish-e by using the MAKE command in the
swish-e directory.  Nothing happens.

I need guidance right now.  Could someone give me a little help.

Thanks...

Lyn MacCorkle
lmaccork@umiami.ir.miami.edu
Richter Library