Re: Windows front end to search local HTML files (fwd)

From: Bryan Rickard <bwr(at)not-real.unicon.com>
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 00:03:35 GMT
Forwarded message:
>From bwr  Tue Nov  3 15:50:54 1998
From: Bryan Rickard <bwr@unicon.com>
Subject: Re: [SWISH-E] Windows front end to search local HTML files
To: hiddink@sipromicro.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:50:51 -0800 (PST)
Cc: bwr@unicon.com (Bryan Rickard)

Yes, download srchdemo.zip from ftp://ftp.unicon.com.  This is a Visual
Basic project file and resulting Windows 32-bit executable which shells to a
swish-e executable.  Indexing and searching are implemented in this
demo.  Other functions would be easy adaptations.

The key is that the swish-e executable is compiled from the
Nerinckx source code (downloadable from the Swish-E sunsite) which
outputs the search results to a file instead of the console.

Hope it's useful.  Let me have comments.

-- Bryan Rickard