Re: Re: SWISH++ 1.3 released

From: Earl Robinson <erobins1(at)not-real.hq.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 18:03:50 GMT
I'm not trying to ignite a fleme war, or get people into a personal
defense. I mostly need to deal with the web search part. The two things
that _I_ am looking for are:

1. Something that can reasonably indexing ~500MB of data.

2. A straightforward toolkit for putting that index in a web page and
returning results in a clean, consistent manner.

I see swish++ as solving the first requirement, and autoswish for the
second.
 I'm not asking Paul to devote his time to solve my problem. I appreciate
that he's put in the time he has to make swish++ in the first place. It's
a good program, and It wworks as advertised. My problem is that between
the three packages [swish-e|swish++|Autoswish] I've got all of my
requirement, but they don't all work together. I think many people would
benefit if they did. IMHO combining the two is the best solution. i.e.
FORKING IS BAD.
-earl

ps
Can't we all just get along??