Re: SWISH++ 1.3 released

From: Earl Robinson <erobins1(at)not-real.hq.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 16:24:47 GMT
Paul et al,

Regarding new versions of Swish[-e|++].. Is anyone planning to move
features of swish++ into the swish-e codebase. I'd like to have the
featureset of both programs, but since they use different index-file
formats, You have to choose one or the other. My problem is that I'm not
a coder, so I can't/won't write the web front-ed for swish++, and Swish-e
can't handle the size of my document tree without lots of RAM. It's speed
starts decreasing exponentially when it starts using swap space.

In other words, I'm saying what alot of people have said. I want to use
Swish++ with Autoswish. I'd be willing to help test it, but like I said,
I'm not a coder, so my ability to help in that area is very limited.

earl robinson

Paul J. Lucas