SWISH++ 1.3 released

From: Paul J. Lucas <pjl(at)not-real.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Sat Oct 31 1998 - 01:28:54 GMT
	The changes are attached from the 'Changes' file.  This version
	includes the aforementioned feature whereby you can dump the
	words "around" the query words, e.g.:

		$ search -w7 electrical
		elapse
		elect
		electric
		electrical
		electricity
		electrocute
		elevator

	Above, '7' specifies the window size (at most).  You can
	optionally specify the number of characters that must match,
	e.g.:

		$ search -w7,4 electrical
		elect
		electric
		electrical
		electricity
		electrocute

	Above, "elapse" and "elevator" were not output because the
	first 4 characters of the words do not match "elec": the first
	4 characters of "electrical".

	Creating a web interface using this new feature is left as an
	exercise for the reader.  (My off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion
	would be to create one <SELECT SIZE=n> ... </SELECT> per query
	word and allow the user to refine their query from the words in
	the index.  I would be interested in seeing your solutions.)

	- Paul

NEW FEATURES

* In "search," a "window" of words can be dumped around the query words.

* In "search," the -d option to dump the index for a word now dumps all the
  query words instead of a single word.  Additionally, a stop-word used to
  print "stop-word"; now it prints "# ignored: " followed by the word.

* In "search," the -d option to dump the index for a word now prints the
  comment:

	# not found: word

  if 'word' is not found in the index.