RE: spider not indexing

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)>
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 16:55:54 GMT
> All the links on the index page are static html pages residing on the same
> server, and do not even involve subdirectories, all residing in the same
> directory.

I'm having the same trouble on Windows 98.  It is rejecting all of the local
URLs with the error "URL disallowed by server".  I haven't much clue what is
causing that.

> secondly, just out of interest, can swishspider spider pages created
> dynamically by cgi scripts - or is it confined to static HTML pages like
> many spidering programs?

It should work just fine.  My index.html page is dynamically created by
PHP3.  SWISH-E wouldn't notice any difference between dynamically created
and static content created by the server.

,David Norris

World Wide Web -
Illusionary Web - <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone -