Swishspider not found

From: Andrew Cadman <editorial(at)not-real.mcmail.com>
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 10:56:12 GMT
Dear all,

we have configured swishspider on our system but when we run an indexing
test through a makefile routine, we find that a "not found" error is
returned. The pathways stated are definitely correct, - we know this,
because if you change the access permissions on the script an "access
denied" error is returned instead.  It would therefore seem the most
likely cause of the "not found" error is due to the fact that our server
is configured only to execute perl scripts if they have the .pl
extension: however swish-e automatically looks for the "swishspider"
rather than "swishspider.pl" version of the program.

Therefore, we just need to know where the name "swishspider" is defined
in the swish program so that we can add the .pl extension to it.

many thanks

Andrew

Andrew cadman
NetLondon webmaster