Runtime bug in SWISH-E 1.2

From: Brendan Jones <brendan(at)not-real.mpce.mq.edu.au>
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 08:28:54 GMT
Hello all,

I have discovered a runtime bug in SWISH-E 1.2.

Searching for any single word listed as an IgnoreWords in the user.config file
causes a segmentation fault and a core dump.

Example in one web site I manage:

--- user.config file:
IgnoreWords SwishDefault australia australian republic republican movement

--- command line output:
republic > swish-e -w "republic" -f index.swish
# SWISH format 1.2
# Swish-e format 1.2
#
# Name: Index of the ARM website
# Saved as: index.swish
# Counts: 14203 words, 325 files
# Indexed on: 11/10/98 22:35:47 EST
# Pointer: http://www.republic.org.au/cgi-bin/
# Maintained by: Brendan Jones (web@republic.org.au)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

republic > swish-e -w "republic and republic" -f index.swish
# SWISH format 1.2
# Swish-e format 1.2
#
# Name: Index of the ARM website
# Saved as: index.swish
# Counts: 14203 words, 325 files
# Indexed on: 11/10/98 22:35:47 EST
# Pointer: http://www.republic.org.au/cgi-bin/
# Maintained by: Brendan Jones (web@republic.org.au)
# Search words: and
err: no results
..

---
As can be seen in the first example, SWISH-E crashes when it comes to listing
the search words.  Because SWISH-E 1.2 removes IgnoreWords from the query
string, and there is no other search directive, the query string becomes null.
Clearly this causes a problem.

If more than one word is contained in the search, even other listed
IgnoreWords (as in the second example), the search directive (e.g. "and")
keeps the query string non-null and no crash occurs.

I thought I should post this to the list so that others who have installed 1.2
on a live system are aware of this problem.

Brendan.