Searching 'formación' with swish-e (1.2)

From: Bert Hiddink <hiddink(at)>
Date: Sat Oct 10 1998 - 13:56:52 GMT
Hello, everybody,

Thanks to the help of Kenneth Green and Ron Klatchko I was able to
compile swish 1.2 on a FreeBSD server ( Everythings works
beautifully and hence, I got more control over certain impartant
variables which improved the performance of my database.

However, as everything is in Spanish (please see, I would like swish
to accept me words like 'formacion' with an accent above the 'o'
and 'ano' having the little snake '~' above the 'n'.

Therefore, I added to my_database.conf file the aforementioned
caracters in the line:

WordCharacters abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzó0123456789_\|/-+=?!@$%^'"`~,.[]{}()

However, it still does not accept searches with the spanish

I checked out another spanish database at:

...and here it works perfectly.

What am I doing wrong?

Bert Hiddink
Correo electronico: