RE: Meta Tag Problem

From: Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard(at)not-real.ghs.fr>
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 16:01:25 GMT
I have the same problem as the second you describe. It would be very nice if swish-e keeps in its index the whole text of the indexed meta-tags.
I do the following to get the information I use in my result list :
* the result list is composed of many fields (doc title, author, date and reference of the paper original),
* I first put all these fields into the title tag of the HTML docs, as a ";" ou "::" separated string,
* the title tag is stored as-is by swish, and given back when searching,
* I decode it (split (/::/, $title, 4)) and use the fields in my result list.
This works well, but the fields stored in the title influence the searching... If you store the description of the doc, it should be OK.

Nicolas Huillard
Directeur Technique
G.H.S. - Création et gestion de sites Internet/Intranet
45-47 rue d'Hauteville
75010 Paris
Tél. 01 53 24 15 58
Fax 01 53 24 15 59