Re: [SWISH-E:449] RE: Only indexing certain filenames

From: Mark Gaulin <gaulin(at)not-real.designinfo.com>
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 02:14:07 GMT
Hi.
I like the idea you have for matching extensions and also matching file
names, when they are given in the config file. How about this
as an alternative solution: treat the items listed on the IndexOnly
line as true suffixes... a file will match if the last X characters of the
filename match one of the suffixes exactly. That way people could
specific ".html", or "html", or "index.html" and they all do what is
expected.  (But only if you expect "myindex.html" to match.)

My implementation left in one odd behavior from the original
implementation, and that is any filename with no dot in it is rejected,
even if it would have matched a suffix. I figure that changing
that would cause someone some grief, so I left it alone, although
I bet it is just an optimization.

I'm collecting these changes together and plan on posting them all
soon (for NT). I've gotten a little feedback on the other mods I made and
so far so good.
	Mark