RE: [SWISH-E:412] Swish Web or similar script for Windows 95

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Sat Aug 08 1998 - 02:40:27 GMT
Brain dead Windows 95.  It always accesses the floppy drive when I run a
shell command from some script.  Windows 98 does the same.  Why, beats me.
I would like to know how to stop it, because, the script halts while it
tries to access an empty drive.  I thought, perhaps, that a: was in the
path, but, nope.

As for SWISH Web; what is that?  I haven't a clue.  I seem to remember
seeing that name.  Is this a PERL script?  I wrote my own scripts for
SWISH-E, and, configure them by hand.  I opted to do it myself, so I
wouldn't have to fix the existing ones.   And, PERL never seems to work well
on my system.  You are probably correct.  My guess, is that the exec command
is not finding the SWISH executable.  I have run into many cases where my
script would call swishe.exe and produce no output.  It has always been a
case where the exec() function was calling a file that didn't exist.
However, there are a bunch of other possibilities.

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com