Documents not indexing

From: Rod Julianus <cyberrod(at)not-real.sonic.net>
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 22:16:28 GMT
I am trying to get Swish-E up and running. I've compiled it on my server
and the test showed it to be working.

Since I need to run this on my ISP, I am trying to run it out of my
cgi-bin instead of /usr/local/bin. My tech support said it shouldn't be
a problem. However, when I try to index, nothing indexes. I get a page
with headers (only the index name and date filled in), several lines of
zeros, and a long list of words that I assume are exceptions, stop
words, or what have you.

I also cannot create an index by going into the shell and running the
command "swish-e -c
/usr/local/lib/httpd/cgi-bin/punch/Swish/ConfigFiles/96Q3.conf". I get
the error msg "swish-e: command not found". I even added the directory
to my executable path. The conf file was generated using AutoSwish.

I'm at a total loss as to where to go from here. Anyone have any ideas?

Please help!

Thanks,
Rod Julianus
http://www.nu-designs.com