Re: How to exclude based on META ?

From: Craig A Summerhill <craig(at)not-real.cni.org>
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 06:31:52 GMT
On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, W. Reilly Cooley <wcooley@nakedape.ml.org> wrote:

> I'm working on a project that is already set up, but has just recently
> changed sites.  At the old site (so I am told) certain pages were excluded
> by <META NAME="NO-SWISH-E">.  I copied the .conf files directly and didn't
> see how this was done.  I've looked the docs over several times.  Perhaps
> I've missed something--how would this be done?

Well...

I'm not sure it would be the best way to accomplish this, but you
could incorporate something into the CGI interface (assuming you are
searching from a Web page) which combined "not NO-SWISH-E" with
every search issued.

In other words, don't attempt to exclude those documents in the actual
index, but weed them out at the time you are searching/retrieving...
This would be fairly simple to do.
--

   Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer
   Coalition for Networked Information