Help - does anyone have Swish-E for Windows NT that *really* works ?

From: Alan Silver <flying-ferret(at)not-real.charis.co.uk>
Date: Wed Jun 17 1998 - 15:51:28 GMT
Hello,

I am failing miserably to find/compile Swish-E under Windows NT. My own
efforts met with all of the problems that I since discovered had been
described on this list. I then tried downloading the version from
http://www.caraveo.com/php/swishe.zip, but this seemed to suffer from the
old infinite loop problem when you try to search.

I tried making the modifications described in A.S.Igumnov's posting (stored
on the archive as 0239.html, subject line "[SWISH-E:244] RE: Win32
Hangup"), but that gave me the following errors when I tried to compile it
:-

gcc -c -O2 check.c
In file included from swish.h:20,
                 from check.c:8:
readdir.h:19: `_MAX_FNAME' undeclared here (not in a function)
readdir.h:19: size of array `d_name' has non-integer type
readdir.h:27: field `fileinfo' has incomplete type
make: *** [check.o] Error 1

Can anyone help me please ? All I want is an executable that works. I've
got past the stage of needing the buzz of compiling it myself !! Any help
would be pathetically gratefully received.

Alan Silver
The Prestwich Smile Gemach
flying-ferret@charis.co.uk