indexing individual subdirectories

From: Lora Amsberry Augier <libaugie(at)not-real.CML.INDSTATE.EDU>
Date: Tue Jun 02 1998 - 19:13:45 GMT
I am having a problem with SWISH-E not searching a subdirectory
correctly. It appears to be searching only the information in the
first few lines of each file and is even ignoring some files
entirely.  Another problem is that SWISH-E seems to be retrieving
only file names. It doesn't create a link to the actual search term
that are searching for within a file.

 Here's what we did:
1. We created a separate index for one of the subdirectories
on our server knowing that the users who will
be searching this site will only be interested in the information
from this one subdirectory.

2. We created a separate index file for this subdirectory.
The index file for our site is named index.swish-e.
The index file for our individual directory is indexa.swish-e.

3. The indexa.swish-e and the swish-e.conf files are both in the
subdirectory which has been  indexed separately.

4. We have a swisha.pl file in the cgi.bin to connect the search
engine to the correct directory.

5. When I look at the contents of the indexa.swish-e file, it appears
that all the files in the subdirectory have been indexed.

Everything seems to be in order except we are not getting the
desired results. I hope this information is sufficient for someone to
make a guess at what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Lora
Lora AmsberryAugier