Re: [SWISH-E:215] SUMMARY: Max Number of files indexed

From: Milt Webb, IQ Software <milt(at)not-real.iqsc.com>
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 21:38:23 GMT
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Frank Heasley wrote:
> [...]

Frank, looking through the last file indexed revealed the problem...

It turned out to be the length of the <title></title> string in some of
the files.  These files are generated nightly from a variety of sources
and converted to HTML. Some of the titles were 2Kb or more and really
constituted an error condition at the source. I've fixed that problem and
now all the files index properly.

Next, to look through the swish-e code for an explanation there.

Thanks to Frank Heasley and Giulia Hill for assistance.

-Milt