Re: [SWISH-E:205] Re: Context of hits

From: Jerry Stratton <jerry(at)not-real.hoboes.com>
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 03:31:36 GMT
>On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
>>> I don't know what sort of overhead would be involved.
>>	Copying the first 50-100 words of every file into the index.
>There is another way... at least for text and html files.

Yes: You have to make sure that you don't use SWISH-E's filepath munging
features; do any munging in the cgi.

I have an example, the URL for which I've been trying to post for quite a
while (I hope this one goes through...). You can find it at
http://help.acusd.edu/ by doing a search on "swish-e". Examples of the
script in action can be seen at http://www.hoboes.com/ (the original form
of the script for my personal use) and http://www.acusd.edu/~jerry/ (a
modified form of the script for USD students).

Jerry

jerry(at)not-real.hoboes.com    Negative Space  http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/
                                         e-mail help@hoboes.com
"One nativity was set in an abandoned junk-laden lot. Joseph wore a tuxedo,
tattered and dirty, with his hat in his hand, while Mary wore a torn and
stained white dress. Jesus was swaddled in newspaper and slept peacefully
in a shopping cart. Singing policement kept their watch by night. If you
wound them up, they sang the melody to "Silent Night". The three wise men
were there as well: they dropped coins into Joseph's hat."--It Isn't Murder
If They're Yankees