Re: [SWISH-E:206] <title> displayed on search results

From: Giulia Hill <ghill(at)not-real.library.berkeley.EDU>
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 19:50:44 GMT
Yes, there is a limit to the title string; it is set by the variable
MAXSTRLEN defined in swish.h

Giulia

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Milt Webb, IQ Software wrote:

> I know I'll probably find the answer to this buried in the source but
> thought I'd throw the question out to save time...
>
> Am just implementing swish-e (used the old swish some time ago) and upon
> making an initial test index and playing with the default search form and
> program I notice that some of the files returned in the search display the
> string appearing in the html <title> area and others only display the
> filename. Is there a limit to the length of the <title> string? Many of my
> files have very long titles.
>
> Thanks,
> Milt
> milt webb - iq software corporation - 3295 river exchange drive
> norcross, georgia usa 30092 - 770/446-8880x245 - www.iqsc.com

/*  Giulia Hill                        Library Systems Office  */
/*                                     386 Doe Library         */
/*  ghill@library.berkeley.edu         U.C. Berkeley,          */
/*                                     Berkeley, CA 94720      */