what words swish indexes ...

From: John Kelly <jck(at)not-real.toptenlinks.com>
Date: Fri Mar 06 1998 - 10:59:25 GMT
I have about 200 standard text files on a server that a CGI script uses
to generate HTML pages in real time. I used swish to index just those
text files and it did - sort of.

During indexing I see the number of words being indexed varies
signifigantly from as little as 13 to as many as over 100 per file - yet
all files have about the same amount of words in them and are in the
same format.

I am wondering is there a way to control how many words swish will index
from each TEXT document? These text documents contain a few lines in the
following format and contain no HTML. These properties are passed on
through the CGI script to create the HTML document. For example one file
might have:

TITLE=>Sports Page
DESCRIPTION=>All kind of sports links.
KEYWORDS=>football,baseball,soccer

Ideally for my site I would like it to index every word in each file. I
could also live with being able to tell swish to index all words on the
third line of each file. This is the line that the CGI script uses to
create a keyword meta tag in each corresponding HTML document.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

John Kelly
jck@toptenlinks.com