Re: [SWISH-E:170] More?

From: Paul J. Lucas <pjl(at)not-real.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu Mar 05 1998 - 00:13:52 GMT
On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Hadean Dragon wrote:

I wrote:
> > I'm not so optimiztic, certainly not with the amount of data
> > you're groing to be throwing at SWISH-E's which gets slower and
> > slower as it runs.
>
> Could you give me some stats on how it gets slower?

	It looks like it uses an unbalanced binary tree to store words.
	Consult any good data structures/algorithms text for details.

> > Try extending SWISH++.  You would need to write an aditional
> [snip]
> > The source code for SWISH++ is also much more readable.
>
> Where would I get a copy of SWISH++?  I've only seen SWISH and SWISH-E . . .

	I announced it on this very mailing list this past Sunday.  Pay
	attention.

> And, how hard do you believe this kinda of project would take to extend to
> the web?

	Not very.

	- Paul J. Lucas
	  NASA Ames Research Center		Caelum Research Corporation
	  Moffett Field, California		San Jose, California
	  <pjl AT ptolemy DOT arc DOT nasa DOT gov>