Mods to return "pages" of results

From: Scott Schultz <scott(at)not-real.ceweekly.com>
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 19:13:35 GMT
A while back, someone was asking for the ability to list X records starting
at position Y in the list of results. I recently needed this functionality
myself, so I took a look at the maxhits code. It turned out to be a pretty
easy patch to implement a "starting point" parameter for the results list.
The patch doesn't reduce the number of files searched, it just ignores the
first Y results. A new flag, -s NUMTOSKIP, is added. The current -m MAXHITS
parameter is then used to limit the number of results returned.

The patch involves changes to three files: search.c, swish.c, and swish.h.
If anyone is interested, drop me an email and I'll send you context diffs
against the V1.1.1 source. I'll spare the list as a whole unless there is
an overwhelming demand to post the enhancement. :^)

Scott Schultz
scott@ceweekly.com

Scott Schultz
scott@ceweekly.com