size of database

From: Jean-Louis Maltret <jlm(at)not-real.eiffel.univ-mrs.fr>
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 11:52:13 GMT
I have questions about size of base indexed by swish-e . Could
someone answer the reasonable size (number of files and total
size) in function of machine used ? What is the maximal example
among users of swish-e ?

When I was user of wais I'd heard of 100Mbytes databases indexed
ans served by wais on ordinary workstations. Is there some example
like this ?

Thanks.

Jean-Louis MALTRET          Mathematique-Informatique
Tel: +33 04.91.82.92.95     Faculte des Sciences
Fax: +33 04.91.82.93.57	    163 Avenue de Luminy
jlm@lumimath.univ-mrs.fr    F-13288 MARSEILLE Cedex 09
http://eiffel.univ-mrs.fr/~jlm/
"Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas"
 Virgile (Georgiques II,489)