Re: [SWISH-E:128] swish-e CGI

From: Omar Thameen <omar(at)not-real.clifford.inch.com>
Date: Thu Jan 29 1998 - 07:05:42 GMT
Wow, I was going to post a modified version of the search-cgi, but
it only added the ability to limit the search to a list of indexes.
This one is much more complete and portable (not to mention above
my perl writing at this point).  Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I tried using it, but I'm getting
delete argument is not a HASH element at /home/path/to/search.cgi line 30.

30: delete @ENV{'IFS', 'CDPATH', 'PATH', 'ENV', 'BASH_ENV'};

I get the idea, so I can get it to work if I turn off the taintperl
check and comment out that line.

So while I'm writing, here are my suggestions for future versions of
swish-e.
1. When "a word is too common", report the word that is too common.
2. When searching multiple indexes, don't stop processing if one of
   the files doesn't exist, move on to the next one and print the
   errors at the end.

Omar