Re: [SWISH-E:106] How do I expand the Search Results

From: Giulia Hill <ghill(at)not-real.library.berkeley.EDU>
Date: Tue Jan 06 1998 - 19:10:46 GMT
Avery,

the output format of Swish-e is of the kind:
857      /home/ghill/swish/dir5/records/55.html "Test file" 142
^^^         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   ^^^^^^^    ^^^
ranking         file location                     title    file size

One solution could be that you put in the title the few sentences that you
want to be returned in the results. By title I mean what is contained
between the tags <title> </title>. However, some users have found some
limitations on the number of char's that they can use (~500 check on the
discussion list), so you might also want to think about some manipulation
of the swish-e returned files by some other program before displaying the
results.

Giulia

/*  Giulia Hill                        Library Systems Office  */
/*                                     386 Doe Library         */
/*  ghill@library.berkeley.edu         U.C. Berkeley,          */
/*                                     Berkeley, CA 94720      */