AutoSwish install problems

From: Christian Stalberg <ceric(at)>
Date: Sun Nov 23 1997 - 15:53:20 GMT
I am attempting to get swish-e running on my Sun ultra 1 running solaris 2.5.1
swish-e runs fine as the tests have indicated. the trouble is with
when I run it from the command line here is the error I get:

# swish_create.cgi
<TITLE>CGI Program - Unexpected Error</TITLE>
<H1>Server Error</H1>
Server uses unsupported method. <BR>
Please contact the <A HREF="">Web Manager</A> for
more information.

Here are the variables I have set in swish_create.cgi:

$WISHDIR = "/usr/local/bin/swish-e";
        #Location of SWISH-E executable.

$CONFIGDIR = "/home/SWISH-E/ConfigFiles";
        #Location of SWISH-E configuration files.

$INDEXDIR = "/home/SWISH-E/SwishIndexes";
        #Location of SWISH-E index files.

$CGIDIR = "/usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/swish-bin";
        #Location of SWISH-E cgi scripts.

$FORMDIR = "/home/SWISH-E/SwishForms";
        #Location of SWISH-E form files.

$FORMLINK = "/home/SWISH-E/SwishForms";
        #Link path to the SwishForms directory.

$WEBDIR = "/home";
        #Path of your system's web directory tree.

$BANNER   = "/home/SWISH-E/Images/powered+.gif";
        #Logo to appear at the top of all AutoSwish pages
$WEBMAN    = "help\";
        #E-mail address of your website manager. Escape the "at" sign as

The web server error log is reporting:

[23/Nov/1997:07:31:08] config: for host trying to POST
swish-bin/SwishCreate/swish_create.cgi, handle-processed reports: no way to
request for /cgi-bin/swish-bin/SwishCreate/swish_create.cgi

PLEASE HELP! - thank you ;^)