Re: [SWISH-E:46] Re: Max (reasonable) size of index?

From: Richard Johnsson <johnsson(at)not-real.interval.com>
Date: Sat Oct 25 1997 - 03:39:19 GMT
I gave up on indexing 40000 files because it was running up against the
ulimit of 128MB dataspace after 3 hours of indexing (BSDI on PPro 200). I
tried indexing subparts and merging with the same result. I switched to
Excite's EWS which manages the same task in less than 80MB and in 30
minutes if you don't enable "quality" summaries.