Re: [SWISH-E:32] indexing dont work ok

From: Giulia Hill <ghill(at)not-real.library.berkeley.EDU>
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 15:13:43 GMT
Wil

you should be able to specify only a directory, not each specific file to
index which, as you pointed out would quite inconvenient.

Why don't you send me your configuration file and a sample of the files
you index and I will see if I can find the problem.

Giulia

 On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Wil Vree wrote:

> help help help
>
> i've installed swish-e and try to run it. When i specify /home/web
> as th IndexDir in the swish-e.conf then there is no result. If I specify
> a specific html file. the indexing does work. So why dont it work when I
> specify a directory. Why arent the subdirectories indexed as specified in th
> manual. Or should I specify every file to index in a files.conf as stated in
> the manual. (which would be very inconvenient.)
>
> regards Wil Vree
> +-------------------------------+--------------------------+
> | Ing. Wil Vree                 | e-mail: vree@uba.uva.nl  |
> | Universiteits Bibliotheek     |                          |
> | Universiteit van Amsterdam    |                          |
> | Singel 425                    | tel.:    +31.20.525.2487 |
> | 1012 WP Amsterdam             | fax:     +31.20.525-2311 |

/*  Giulia Hill                        Library Systems Office  */
/*                                     386 Doe Library         */
/*  ghill@library.berkeley.edu         U.C. Berkeley,          */
/*                                     Berkeley, CA 94720      */